Born: 1970, Toronto
College: Vanier College
- graduated 1974 with a Diplome d'Etudes Collegial in Languages and Literature.
- Public Address Announcer for Toronto Raptors of the National Basketball Association since the team's inception in 1995.
- Announced the 1994 FIBA World Championship basketball tournament in Toronto and in Hamilton.
Most Memorable Moment on the job:
- Was the announcer in 1995, at McMaster University, when Canada's Women's national team unexpectedly defeated traditional powerhouse Cuba, to clinch a berth for the Atlanta Olympics.
- Accomplished Master of Ceremonies and Motivational Speaker.
- Does voice-overs, commercials and freelance sports writing.
- A member of the Gideon Bible Society,
- Team chaplain for the Toronto Argonauts of the Canadian Football League and Co-chaplain for the Raptors.
Advice for Aspiring PA Annnouncers:
- "[I've learned] that a husband needs to love his wife just as Christ loves the church." For Herbie Kuhn, Jesus is number one in his life, and second is his wife.
- "If a lot more people would model their relationships like that, there would be a lot fewer divorces." Herbie encourages teens to remember that it should be 'Marriage until death', not 'Marriage until we get sick of each other'.
- "First, obtain a solid education, focus on English classes, learn other languages, and understand the basis of linguistics. A solid grasp of the English language is key as well, so reading definitely helps. I highly recommend volunteering, getting your voice out there and noticed."
Herbie Kuhn's Favorite Verses:
- James 1:26, James 3:1-2, John 1:9, Matthew 12:36